This content is from another website - Click here
to view on original site.
Many talented musicians from across the Archdiocese of Toronto will be performing in a Facebook Live event on Thursday evening, June 25. The evening is hosted by Fr. Matthew McCarthy, Associate Pastor, St. Michael’s Cathedral Basilica.
The event is called ShareMusic because, thematically, the songs and hymns will celebrate what ShareLife-funded organizations do to support those in need. During this time of pandemic, so many talented musicians have not been able to sing or play at liturgical celebrations in the archdiocese. ShareMusic is a platform for musicians to share their gifts of music with a virtual audience.
ShareLife’s campaign has been greatly affected by COVID-19 and the temporary closure of churches. The event will help keep Catholics aware of the ongoing need to support our vulnerable brothers and sisters during the pandemic.
ShareMusic performances will feature:
- Aaron James, Holy Family Parish, Toronto
- Chico Nuguid, St. Francis de Sales Parish, Ajax & Precious Blood Parish, Scarborough
- Fr. Peter Jae Choi, St. Andre Bessette Parish, Vaughan
- iv24, Cristo Rei Parish, Mississauga
- Musicians from Holy Martyrs of Japan Parish, Bradford
- St. Joan of Arc Catholic Secondary School Concert Choir, St. Josephine Bakhita Parish, Mississauga
- Michael Dave Dizon, Stouffville
- The Orillia Catholic Family of Churches and Schools
- Sisters of Life, Toronto
- Musicians from St. Thomas More Parish, Scarborough
- Seminarians, St. Augustine’s Seminary, Scarborough
- Ministerio Catolico M2, St. Mary’s Parish, Brampton
- Stephanie Paglia, Holy Family Parish, Whitby
- Rhonda Sogren, Our Lady of Good Counsel Parish, Toronto
- Steadfast Worship, Scarborough, Stouffville and Toronto
- Fr. Edward Curtis & Fr. Matthew McCarthy, St. Michael’s Cathedral Basilica, Toronto